[CAUT] Too tall!!??

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Apr 7 21:58:31 MDT 2010

>Imagine if a string section was absolutely playing the same pitches
>(not likely... '-])...IMHO.

Hi, David

If you've ever heard the Moscow Chamber Orchestra, I think you can
agree that when a group of string players play absolutely together
and as on pitch with each other as is humanly possible, the effect is
ravishing!

Any two pianos will have enough variation in voice and scaling that
there will be plenty of richness and variety in the sound, without
the out-of-focus malocclusion of having differences in temperament
and pitch between them.

If you ever tune two pianos so closely together that the unisons
between them are as good as we usually seek on one piano, I don't
think you or the pianists will feel the effect is boring. It's quite
magical, IMO.

Susan