[CAUT] plate strut crack

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 09:59:02 MDT 2010

Has anyone out there had any experience with a crack visible all of the way around the plate strut that parallels the lowest bass string?  Five years ago the school I work at had a Stwy D donated (then 25 years old) that had/has such a crack.  It doesn't seem to have gotten any worse, but the powers that be want to know what it's prospects are.  I know there is a fix available (unaffordable at present), but haven't a clue as to what to expect without making the repair.

Thanks,

Alan Eder