[CAUT] pin drop

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 19:24:33 MDT 2009

 	<7.0.1.0.2.20091029100534.0422eeb8 at peak.org>

 <688F2F0B-2BE6-4469-BF8C-BD59FB6EEBB1 at unm.edu>

Well I'm 57 and feeling it. After a maybe too many weeks without a day off=
=2C I'm thinking I want to slow down. But=2C there is a demand in my area. =
So=2C I've decided to farm out some of my work to a young Western Universit=
y of Ontario. I've agreed to give him 3 days of work a week to encourage hi=
m to move into my area. Since he is not experienced yet=2C I'll supervise h=
im and coach him all I can. I figure this is a good thing for my customers.=
 They will get good service and will have met their future piano technician=
.
So=2C for a few years=2C I'll make a little profit on his services while he=
 can build up a customer base. My plan is to let him do the work at the uni=
versities and colleges I work for in about 3 years. Then I will just contin=
ue to work doing private work. Since my kids are adults and on their own=2C=
 I don't need as much money as I need time to enjoy myself and just live. I=
t'll be good to be working just to make a living instead of living just for=
 work.
=20
For those of you who can=2C please give a chance to the young. Even if they=
 graduated from the schools=2C they still need our experience to get better=
 and they need to work and work to get better at this profession. I remembe=
r it took me a lot of tunings under my belt until I felt that confidence wi=
thin myself.
=20
Lend a hand to the youngs.
=20