[CAUT] pin drop

Ward & Probst, Inc wardprobst at wardprobst.com
Thu Oct 29 06:05:16 MDT 2009

The biggest problem Elizabeth and I have seen, starting relatively young,
was the older techs in our areas that were tuning just for "gas and
groceries" as one told me. I'm 59 and I'm determined that whoever follows me
won't have the same problem. Jimmy Gold taught me to leave a piano better
than I found it so I'm applying that to the trade in my area.

And yes, I know it appears easier not to raise prices regularly folks but
like a lot of easy fixes, it isn't necessarily the best thing. If you want
to help young folks entering the profession, do your part, price
realistically. Young folks shouldn't have to tune 6 or more pianos a day to
provide for their families.

Off my soapbox for now,
DP
Dale Probst, RPT