[CAUT] Tuning hammer technique and latest tuning hammers (Kevin Fortenberry)

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 16:15:12 MDT 2009

The good news, Kevin, is that wonderful things await you in the realm of improved tuning levers.  Like brother Porritt, I too have a Fujan (although mine is more recent, carbon fiber).  Wow, what an improvement over what I was previously using!  The quantum leap in stiffness means less strain on you and much more nuanced control of the tuning pin.  As David says below, once you've tried one of these new innovations, you won't look back.  For grands, I look forward to trying Dan Levitan's new design (much posted about this on the Bechstein B thread that launched this line of discussion), as soon as Marinelli gets it into production.

Alan Eder