[CAUT] Bechstein model B tuning stability

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 16 08:43:51 MDT 2009

I recently had good results reaming a Yamaha pinblock with the straight
fluted reamer from Pianotek.
Does the Bechstein have an open faced pinblock? That would explain the
shorter pins, as the coil must come close to the pinblock surface.
You might consider, if you can get them, Larudee Lo-Torq pins. At one time
they were available with a #2.5 bottom and #1 top, which would help with
string clearance. Perhaps Pianotek can supply them.
Ed Sutton