[CAUT] Wrest pins

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Thu Oct 8 18:20:01 MDT 2009

Also, Gerry's suggestion as to drilling the smooth ones is very
interesting, depending on how you're set up shop-wise.

 I don't understand why anybody would want to drill holes for harpsichord wire.? It is a a very simple technique to wrap the string around the pin!? The taper also makes it a simple chore to take the pin out and put it back in with a light tap.?
?? I do the wrapping with the pin out of the block, first two coils are made by holding the pin and wrapping the wire around it, crossing over a small "tail" that is laid lengthwise down the pin, starting just above where the swedge begins. Once the tail is covered/anchored with two wraps, it is easy to keep tension on the pin and wind on however many coils are needed.?

 Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
?