[CAUT] Benches

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 12:39:16 MDT 2009

Does anyone have any great hints on how to keep benches where they belong?  In our piano major practice rooms we have an adjustable bench (Jansen Petites) and each is chained to its piano.  All 10 have remained in the rooms, no problem.  However, in our recital halls it’s not possible to chain the bench so they do wander off.  In all my years here I have not found a solution.

Any bright ideas?

dave

Designate yourself as the official keeper of all concert piano benches. You will personally responsible to make sure a piano bench is put in front of all pianos for all concert performances. You will be totally responsible for the care and maintenance of said piano benches. In the event you screw up, you will have to get on your hand and knees and act like a piano bench. (Just wait until someone tried to turn the "knob" to raise the bench).

Have a great day.

Anan.