[CAUT] WN&G capstans

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 04:51:48 MST 2009

I experimented on one action by replacing #'s 1 & 88 capstans.
It dropped the friction by 3 grams and since this action did not
have a friction issue I did not see the benefit to the extra work
involved replacing the set.

Their weight difference as translated thru KR only affects DW
about 2 grams. So unless there are weight and friction issues
and you need to squeeze every gram out that you can, I don't
see them as a cost effective replacement.
--

Regards,

Jon Page