[CAUT] WN&G capstans

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Nov 29 17:54:53 MST 2009

David -
I was just looking at some earlier today.  I didn't have a chance to
measure for any differences, but I suspect that, as part of an
overall effort at mass and friction reduction they are rather
significant in a couple of respects.  While the finish may not be
that much slicker than brass, initially, they will not tarnish, like
brass.  They are considerably lighter, and, for better, worse, or
indifferent, the surface profile (curvature) is more acute than
most.  The rest would be for experience to tell.  Their website is
pretty informative.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY