[CAUT] Steinway dampers: The aftermath

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Nov 26 00:03:29 MST 2009

In a message dated 11/25/2009 9:35:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,
smkroeker at shaw.ca writes:

In my  rebuilding work, I've learned (as usual ... the hard way) that it's
false  economy not to always remove the damper action for service when you
have  access to it
Stan:

I really second this. Not only do you avoid losing the set screws during
stringing :-) (how do I know this?), but most importantly, the back action is
 part of the action and deserves attention and care, if not replacement.
There's  a whole array of procedures that I go through with them.

Paul