[CAUT] Shellac Voicing

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Nov 25 14:14:54 MST 2009

I'm with you, Ed,

As a matter of fact, I'm finding the Naturals I've installed (now about 10
or so here at UNL), that they are getting brighter with play.  I'm going
to be doing some "sugar-coating" needles soon.  I can't believe that these
hammers need any juice of any kind. After hearing the beautiful D's and
B's in the Steinway factory "pick your favorite and take it home" room,
last week, that I've been leaving them too bright.  There are ways to keep
the power and maintain a certain mellowness on soft play. Ask Wally Brooks
if you all need some voicing tips on these great hammers!  Better yet,
hire him for the all day seminar he offers!  Well worth the investment...

BTW...If you all are able to, attend these great seminars at the Steinway
factory!  Steinway treats you very well!! :>). I'm also now confident with
the new Steinway hammers that I'll be trying some soon.  (Don't worry
Wally, I'll use yours as well!)

Happy Turkey-day!

Paul