[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers...

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Nov 25 09:33:43 MST 2009

Jon:

We are probably talking beyond each other.  When I go to a mechanic to get my oil changed, I'm paying him.  He's working for me!

You said: " That's the benefit of being an independent technician and not an employee."  If the dealer is paying you, you're not independent.  If the customer is paying you, tell it all!  If you hire a lawyer he represents you even if you're wrong or guilty.  If you don't want to work for dealers, don't!

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu