[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 23 10:10:34 MST 2009

On one hand, government licensing would solve some problems. It wouldn't matter whether you'd lose some membership. If somebody wants to be in the business of servicing pianos, they would have to demonstrate a level of competency or not be allowed to accept money for their service. But who's going to establish the standards and would we want that body doing that?

Andrew is correct, these kinds of things can devolve into revenue generating units. Recently, I learned that it is ILLEGAL for someone to teach swimming lessons if they have allowed their CPR certificate to expire. Now, the CPR certificate is about as difficult to renew as your RPT - just pay the dues.  All of a sudden, after 15 years of being certified, you don't know how to perform CPR?

Tanner