[CAUT] Servicing guide rail bushings

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Nov 21 23:07:53 MST 2009

Fred and All:

I totally agree with the technical aspect of wire contact with the bushing,
 and with swelling or resizing the felt with alcohol and water.

Further, I always lubricate the bushing lightly with prolube or TFL-50 dry
applied to the wire in position.

Paul

In a message dated 11/21/2009 5:25:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
fssturm at unm.edu writes:

On  Nov 21, 2009, at 2:47 PM, dew2 at u.washington.edu wrote:

> I find  great advantage to wetting them all, after seating, with
>  McLube, then seating them again after drying.

And a  quick way to lubricate an existing system is, with action out
of  cavity, press the pedal down and run a paint brush loaded with
prolube along the wires above the guiderail. The lubricant will go
into the felt as well as coat the wires. I think it is a good idea
always to have lubricant in the guiderail bushing  system.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New  Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu