[CAUT] Servicing guide rail bushings

dew2 at u.washington.edu dew2 at u.washington.edu
Sat Nov 21 14:47:01 MST 2009

Hate to say it, but you will be surprised (and delighted) by how much difference it makes to have new felt in the guide rail. I agree that leaving the hole in the bushing a little generous is an excellent idea, and I find great advantage to wetting them all, after seating, with McLube, then seating them again after drying. Stable and long-lasting bushings. And very quiet. You can have a very little bit more pressure with cloth and wire lubricated, and the damping efficiency is better with the pressure.

Doug Wood
University of Washington
dew2 at u.washington.edu