[CAUT] boston comments

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 17 11:06:31 MST 2009

This particular one I did was in a home with two fairly talented piano
students, but was more than 5 years old. Haven't dated it. I reined in the
rep spring tension, tweeked letoff, drop and hammerblow, tuned and voiced.
Took about 4 hours.

I like them fine, too. My impression is more that they are more similar to
Kawai than having much Steinway flavor, but both can be nice pianos if
someone spends some time with them. But there isn't a piano in that price
"range" I'm more impressed with than the better grade pianos SMC is making -
Pramberger Platinum Series and Wm Knabe models. Haven't seen the Kohler &
Campbells.  Just tuned a Knabe WKG-57 this morning. Last tuning was 13
months ago. Other than C3, the lowest note in the tenor, which was sharp,
nothing was more than a half cent off and this guy practices 2-3 hours a
day. I did install a D/C dehumidifier system 3 years ago, but it didn't move
much before that either. I've always felt a little guilty charging him full
price for tuning his piano.

Jeff