[CAUT] A440, once again...

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 15:57:52 MST 2009

 Paul writes:

  I think
that 441 might be a brilliant idea!  Sound octaves and unisons with
a really solid pitch will win every time....  Of course a great temperament
as well, I should add with great emphasis!!

    Hmm,  Ok,  it seems that the piano techs have been persuaded to come up halfway to 442.  It is a start, or the nose of a camel.  It may be that the piano techs could do something to half the willy nilly sharpening that has no end.  Those "pitchers" will eventually sharpen the stardard to the next note up, gradually pushing C88 beyond its breaking point.  So, we just forget the C and  end on a B.  No problem
  Temperaments?  They are out there, but rarely noticed.

Ed Foote RPT