[CAUT] A440, once again...

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Nov 10 15:26:31 MST 2009

David,

I'm busted!  ;>) A prominent ( in her mind) artist from NYC came in 2
years ago and hated the piano.  (perfectly tuned - mind you...)  We fussed
about a bit, then I moved the piano 3" to the left....

"What a big difference!... I like it now!!", she said... I and the stage
manager smiled and agreed that moving it that small amount must have
affected the tone in the hall just the right amount!!"

Polish the music desk, wipe off a key or two, chopstick voice one hammer,
....just look busy for 15 minutes...will please them!  They just want to
know that they're specail! ( Some are very insecure...) so the extra
(maybe nothing) effort you perform is just what they want!! Just look
busy.....

Paul