[CAUT] A=440 once again

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Nov 10 15:11:38 MST 2009

I say "no"! The piano will NOT be brought down to 432..Sorry!

Paul

From:
"Richard Adkins" <RADKINS at coe.edu>
To:
<caut at ptg.org>
Date:
11/10/2009 08:53 AM
Re: [CAUT] A=440 once again

http://www.schillerinstitute.org/music/revolution.html

some folks want to go to A-432!

What do you do then???!!!

(I don't think this is going to fly, but occassionally you do see a
performance
at "Verdi" pitch, pitched.)

Either way, owners of instruments pitched at A-440 are going to have to
modify or
buy new instruments to perform at other pitches.

I am thinking of pitching our concert grands at A-441 because they often
go down
in pitch when the lights come on. When I do my touch ups after a
rehearsal, then
the pianos are a bit flat, like A=439.6. :-] And you know, people will
talk about
that sort of thing. (LOL). I could go on and on, but I won't.

Richard Adkins
Coe College Music Dept.