[CAUT] practice rail

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 5 13:50:47 MST 2009

Fred-

Wood or aluminum, there is much to be said for your thought of a rail you
lift in and out from above.
There is the problem of clearance of pins and pressure bars, and a tendency
to tangle on the hammer heads that can happen with the rotating bar system.
There is also a potential for having different weights of moderator cloth on
different rails for different degrees of tonal change. Thin cloth can be
very musical.

Ed S.