[CAUT] boston comments

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 4 12:40:17 MST 2009

I did a half day regulation/voicing on a Boston GP178II yesterday. Very nice piano when I was done. Can't believe anyone wouldn't like it.  I have seen the Boston get "loose" and bright. But like any piano in a high use situation, you've got to commit the resources to keep the flanges repinned, actions regulated and hammers replaced as needed. I think the problem we run into though is the "disposable" mentality - not spending enough on the cost of the instrument to warrant spending adequate money on service.  Especially true for loan situations.  (one concern that our recommended CAUT budget formula can be inaccurate)
Tanner