[CAUT] glue/hammers

Mccoy, Alan amccoy at ewu.edu
Wed Nov 4 12:38:58 MST 2009

WNG glue will work well for the hammers. For gluing on wippen heels, use CA orange (medium viscosity).

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy at ewu.edu
509-359-4627 (message Pacific time)
509-999-9512 (cell Pacific time)

________________________________
From: "Dempsey Jr., Paul E" <dempsey at marshall.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:18:33 -0800
To: CAUTlist <caut at ptg.org>
Subject: [CAUT] glue/hammers

I have used hide glue (hot and cold) off and on for years and years. Also Titebond, then the Molding glue when it came out. I think all have their merits.

I just received my sample parts kit from WN&G. Impressive.

I remember a little discussion about what glues are appropriate for this composite material.

What ended up being the prevailing wisdom?

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Piano Technician Sr.
Marshall University
Huntington, WV