[CAUT] Yamaha T118

Nancy Salmon nmsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:26:14 MST 2009

I agree about the case design on Yamahas; both top & bottom board.
I don't agree about P22's. I have had only trouble: tuning instability, bass
string breakage,  hammer-flange center pins needing recentering and/or
tightening frequently, and generally not holding up well to institutional
wear and tear. I am in Appalachia and many of our public schools are still
coal fired, tough on any instrument, but the P22's fare worse than other
pianos.
In contrast I have 7 P22's at Frostburg State, in a climate controlled
building. Same problems with the P22's. The higher model Yamahas have been
great.
Good luck and judicious decisions, Nancy Salmon RPT