[CAUT] Humidity, Bridge caps, pitch drift

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jun 30 15:24:26 MDT 2009

Good to know David!

I still may try out one of these retro-fitted-Nossaman pianos on one of
our Steinways someday.. I'm really curious.

Paul

"Porritt, David" <dporritt at mail.smu.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
06/30/2009 04:16 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

"caut at ptg.org" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Humidity, Bridge caps, pitch drift

Fred:

I'll have to chime in here and say that our two pianos with a Nossaman
epoxy laminated bridge cap really help tuning stability.  One of those is
next to a D with a stock bridge and there is quite a difference in the
pitch stability.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu