[CAUT] Humidity, Bridge caps, pitch drift

Albert Lord lordpiano at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:12:34 MDT 2009

Ed,

Also, you may notice that the right strings of the unisons
(which terminate nearer the middle of the bridge) are
affected more by the humidity increase than the left strings
(which terminate nearer the front edge).  The right strings
of unisons will also lead the way down when the humidity
drops,  as will those unisons on the left of sections.  This
happens on uprights as well.

I'm sorry,  I don't know why.

Albert