[CAUT] FW: Re: crack

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 24 09:49:25 MDT 2009

Hi Susan,
I wish people would put as much forethought into the placement of their
pianos.  I find that they are more concerned with how it will look in the
beautiful southern or western facing picture window!!!  Alas, when clients
have asked me for help, I have advised them of such things, but most don't
think to ask.

As for your suggestion, sometimes people are loathe to create something that
in the future might not work for another configuration.  I guess if they
think they will stay in that house forever with the piano always in that
spot, then it might be worth it.

The efficiency of radiant heat might be compromised if one portion of it is
not radiating evenly with the rest of the room, be it a carpet, platform, or
lack of coils.  But most homes tend to be over-heated anyway, so it probably
will all balance out in the end.

jeannie