[CAUT] CAUT Certification: How many with a shop at a University or, College do Bellywork? (Sloane, Benjamin (sloaneba))

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 23 18:46:27 MDT 2009

>    I am concerned that we are going to make those not doing salaried work for a University and College look bad with the CAUT certification. Is this a valid concern?
>
>     Respectfully,
>
>                Ben

Ben,

It is a valid concern and it has been voiced both at chapter meetings
discussing this proposal and during the crafting of the By-laws and
Regulations language that will be needed to authorize this
program/credential. Various measures to prevent this from happening have
been suggested. Since I am only indirectly involved in this initiative,
I will leave discussion of the details to those who are chiefly
responsible for developing the proposal (and its implementation if
passed). But I assure you that plenty attention has been paid to this
aspect of the proposal and its possible "unintended consequences".

Israel Stein