[CAUT] FW: Re: crack

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Tue Jun 23 09:54:59 MDT 2009

Hi, Dave.

I looked at the photos, and on a whim, ran the serial
(http://tinyurl.com/mwmmox). The piano, made in 1977, is not a US
Yamaha. So, especially if it lived its early life in humid Japan, it may
have been a less than ideal candidate to survive South Texas. Clue?

I agree, I doubt the crack resulted from moving the piano. It might not
have been noticed before, but it probably didn't just suddenly open. In
any event, I doubt Yamaha would be very sympathetic - they have tried to
caveat the emptor.

-Mark