[CAUT] FW: Re: crack

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Tue Jun 23 06:12:59 MDT 2009

Why not contact Yamaha for their opinion too? I think that the question of
additional case damage is important as it may indicate mover abuse or error.
While dropping a piano on a sled from several inches, without it falling off
or twisting, can result in loss of crown (assuming such was measured before
hand), I doubt that these cracks could have been opened without other damage
appearing somewhere. Bottomline is that making such a judgment without
having seen the piano prior to the move is risky for you David. I'd think
twice and maybe not act at all.
Chris Solliday, RPT