[CAUT] dampchaser with reproducer

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Mon Jun 22 12:59:30 MDT 2009

Fred,

What is the reason for the installation?  Board issues? player function issues? Tuning stability issues?

Most of the repros, unlike traditional products will not be helped from a DCS. If there's need to raise humidity then a whole home ro room sopution may be a better alternative.

Sounds on the surface that the client may be trying to extend some life out of the player adn need of rebuild by raising the humidity to the leathers and old cloth. Sorry to say but it won't help.  Vacumn systems are only as good as the weakest link once the leather valves begin to deterioriate a full RR is the answer.  The rest of the piano typically follows suit.

Gerry C