[CAUT] Caut Certification (was Re: Steinway or Forgery? now CAUT Certification

nevin essex nevin.essex at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:48:07 MDT 2009

Frankly, after reading the conversations about university technician jobs,
(no tools, no shop) I think we need all the help we can get.  We all could
benefit from anything that draws attention to the miserable state of affairs
for so many techs. The guidelines were great and they have been opening some
administrators' eyes. A designation for techs who have done the work
specifically to address university gig issues will be another wake up call
for clueless music department chair-people. ...some papers we can flap in
the air while we shout "Helloooooo!!!"