[CAUT] Steinway K Rail

Keena Keel keenak at verizon.net
Mon Jun 15 16:17:41 MDT 2009

Hi,

I am slowly refurbishing a Steinway K built in 1886 as requested by my
client.  The regulating screws are rusty and I would like to replace them.
Several of the heads have already broken off.  The problem that I'm
encountering is a wooden rail that is located above the screws in each
section.  The rail is preventing me from removing the screws.  (Please see
the attached photo).  Has anyone seen a rail like this and are there
suggestions on how to temporarily remove each section?

Feedback appreciated.

Keena Keel, RPT