[CAUT] Getting lacquer out of hammers - follow up

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sun Jun 14 07:34:04 MDT 2009

Ben,

As Fred suggests, the notion is there, but it's not the protocol.  I was in
NY last year, and Kent did suggest that if you "over-do" either needling or
juicing, it can usually be solved by the reverse process.  However, it was
also encouraged that we develop a feel for how much juicing the hammers
would need in any section and work efficiently with the application.  Fred's
post is spot-on otherwise, in terms of what NY teaches these days.

William R. Monroe
SNIP

My impression is that for the new it's just, you can't ruin a Steinway