[CAUT] Harpsichord & Organ Maintenance Videos

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jun 12 11:27:36 MDT 2009

Where is Jim located? Is he in the Guild? How might I reach him?  I might
be wanting to send one to him that is in need of more than I know how to
handle. Or, he could come here for a few days...Robert Murphy did that for
us a couple years ago and worked on our forte-piano.  That was a great
learning experience for me!

Thanks!!
Paul

"Sloane, Benjamin (sloaneba)" <sloaneba at ucmail.uc.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
06/12/2009 12:20 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

"'caut at ptg.org'" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Harpsichord & Organ Maintenance Videos

    Hello again Paul,
   Jim Campbell is his name. Does good work, an interesting guy with a
multi-dimensional experience. Both him and Eric might turn you into a
harpsichord enthusiast; they built a few of them.
   I will add that insects in general may sound very musical. Heitor
Villa-Lobos wrote tone poems based on the sounds of insects. Of course,
“Flight of the Bumblebee” by Rimsky-Korsakov is something we all are
familiar with. I am sure there are many others. This is it for digital
harpsichord:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=texzpFPJquI
   I guess I might have to warm up to harpsichords more myself. Have fun!
-          Ben