[CAUT] Getting lacquer out of hammers - follow up

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Fri Jun 12 06:56:32 MDT 2009

ditto here. The myths surrounding Steinway are amazing. My experience is
identical to Eric's with these hammers. The current hammers are quite
workable. But still there's no harm in working with them further including
removing and starting the hardener process over again. This is not the only
hammer I use but it is certainly going to stay on my palette for all the
reasons Eric has stated.
It is mty understanding that the acetone is being used as the thinner so
that there can be a better compatability when adding acetone and keytop
solution. Also acetone has a tonal imparting characteristic of its own.
Chris Solliday rpt