[CAUT] Fire Damage Restoration

Daniel Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 17:41:37 MDT 2009

I have been asked to clean and deodorize a small Nordiska grand with PianoDisc, which was exposed to smoke from a house fire.  There is no evidence of excessive heat, and the PianoDisk system plays fine.

In my initial inspection I could find smoke residue only in a fine film at the back of the soundboard/plate, and on the keytops.  Fortunately the lid was down, but the fallboard was up at the time of the fire.

Dan Rembold, former RPT
Auburn University Staff Technician