[CAUT] Yamaha grand screws too short?

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 3 13:40:30 MDT 2009

Wait!
Before installing larger screws, examine the core material of the lid to
find out why it let go.
If the lid core is splitting or crumbling, it may be more appropriate to
consolidate the lid material with thin epoxy and replace the original
screws. Putting larger screws into crumbling particle board will just make a
bigger hole.
Ed S.