[CAUT] professor tuning variables

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 18:55:39 PST 2009

Jeff writes:

<< The issue is placing the burden of knowledge to link every

different kind of temperament known to history appropriately to every

possible musical composition on the piano tuner.

That is the impossibility that leads me to believe we're discussing THE

Pandora's Box of music. >>

Too many "every's".  The impossibility of any one person knowing every
temperament and its applicability to every piece of music has nothing to do with
improving our skills and increasing our offerings.
     What I was suggesting was that by increasing our knowledge, and
broadening our horizons, we may be able to offer more of what people are willing to
purchase.  That is the way it has worked out for me, and I do encourage any tech
that wants more out of his career to consider a multi-temperament ability.
If you consider more knowledge to be a burden, then it would be best to
continue on with the singular offering of only using one approach to tempering.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)</HTML>