[CAUT] Practicing on performance pianos. Thanks.

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Feb 26 11:27:13 PST 2009

Thanks to all who responded to my query. I have several things I can use, if needed.

My conclusion is that I was probably overreacting (Me? Imagine that...) and that our policy isn't unlike others out there. However, some of you that expressed strong opinions about excessive wear on these pianos may be quoted as a word of caution for our piano faculty to consider. I feel more prepared in the event I should be called upon for a "professional opinion".

As usual, this forum was VERY helpful. Thanks again to all!

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU