[CAUT] 1912 B: speaking lengths anyone?

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 19:41:35 PST 2009

Mark, I've got a scale for a 1912 B, which I've attached. Sorry you have to
regroup.
Bob Davis

In a message dated 2/25/2009 6:30:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cramer at brandonu.ca writes:

Due to shifting priorities and  budgets, I ended up shoving a 1912 B into the
corner for a month or two, after  just nicely installing a new board and
planing bridges to final  height.
That several month delay somehow  turned into several years, and now I find
that four winters of single-digit  shop humidity has taken a toll. Though there’
s still enough crown to work with  (sniff), the down-bearing isn’t worth the
bother, so rather than whine about  it, I’m just going to plane the cap off
and start again.
(Yes Mrs. Smith, you really need  to keep that humidifier going, even if you
aren’t playing your  piano)
So, to preclude any further  humbling, it seems like a good time to stop and
double-check my speaking  lengths. If anyone has a spreadsheet of plain-wire
speaking lengths  (millimeters, sil vous plais) they wouldn’t mind sharing, I
would certainly  appreciate it.
Thanks,
Mark  Cramer, RPT
Brandon  University