[CAUT] Kawai GE3 mystery buzz

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 25 09:19:31 PST 2009

>If so, it is possible to tighten the screw if you have just the
>right sized right-angle Phillips driver.   If not, it can be wedged
>tight with a hammer shank whittled to a chisel point.  Apply glue to
>the shank and drive it under the button and break it off.  Or
>perhaps a better way is to put some thin C/A glue in a little
>plastic syringe and squeeze some glue into the crack.
>Don Mannino ext. 883, Direct: 310-761-6883

Hi Don,
               I had this problem on our Bossy imperial, Button was
impossible to reach.  I ended up using an artist brush saturated with
thin CA glue and painting lots of CA around the button. Problem
cured. Make sure you use goggles to protect your eyes.  Lying on your
back getting at the problem could be dangerous. One drip on your eyes
could be nasty.
A surprising increase in sustain in the top octave area.

Nice seeing you at Burbank.
Regards Roger