[CAUT] mean tone tuning- help!

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 15:21:24 PST 2009

Aaron asks:
<< . I use pRCT which is loaded with many
historical temperaments, but none by that name. While I've been
enjoying the conversation about non-ET, it's not something I've yet
played around with. >>

      I believe he is usually using a 1/6 Comma meantone that Tim Farey
introduced him to.  I heard a performance of his, and I didn't think this is the
best temperament for his use, it has too much consonance in too many places,
causing the piano sound to disappear .
    If I were in your place, I would ask him if an idealized Young would do
and use that one.  He might even have his own correction figures for you to
use.
Good luck,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)</HTML>