[CAUT] professor tuning variables

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 07:20:35 PST 2009

A recent book that I've found useful is A Guide to Musical
Temperament, by Thomas Goodhue.  It has musical notation for  many
different temperaments in addition to all the usual listings of
frequencies, beat rates, offsets, etc.

I also keep a copy of the first chapter (The Basis for Temperament) by
my door to lend out to the occasional student who asks what a
temperament is.  Well-written, and just math-y enough to make you feel
smart when you understand it!

All the best,
Zeno Wood