[CAUT] professor tuning variables

Richard Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sat Feb 21 08:32:30 PST 2009

I am a jazz lover myself... but first and foremost a music lover. UET
tunings are about changing the arrangement of the beat rates of all
intervals for decided purpose, and if that purposefulness is nicely
thought out as part of a well conceived piece of music be it classical,
jazz, or Chinese rap then the composer / artist is doing exactly what
he/she means. The listener can either attempt to appreciate musically
or simply decide to like or dislike whats been placed on their plate
without reflection.

To each their own... to be sure... but preferably ones reactions to
various expressions of art wain more towards conscious and reflected
thought and less towards what causes any particular pleasurable yet
mindless itch .  IMHO that is :)

Cheers, and y'all have a nice weekend !
RicB

    I play jazz and ET is the only thing I want to hear.   Jazz has lots
    of improv, key changes...I sure don't want to hear a F-A at 7 bps
    change to 17 bps on a F# type chord...;-[

    I can just see all those post, now, coming to the List with stories
    of how so and so jazz pianist loved this or that hysterical
    temperment and how he raved...I will not be impressed.   Truthfully,
    I NEVER get a request for HT...OK, rarely...the pianoforte in a
    Young has been requested once...

    David Ilvedson, RPT
    Pacifica, CA 94044