[CAUT] How long to stabilize??

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Feb 19 15:03:38 PST 2009

Susan Kline wrote:

>> My method only requires removing about 2/3rds of the strings.
>> Ed S.
>
> Extremely efficient use of time -- only you might also have to
> remove any single strings with false beats.
>
> My way of keeping a piano perfectly in tune (which I used to
> tell customers <grin>) was to put it into a small room in the
> center of the house with no windows, insulated walls, floor and
> ceiling -- AND NO DOOR.
>
> Susan

I used to suggest pouring it into a big Lucite cube. You
couldn't actually *verify* that it would stay in tune
afterward, but since the music couldn't evaporate or otherwise
escape, you could trust that it was still in there - forever.
Heck of an impressive paperweight or doorstop too.

What I don't know, will the finish of a piano that's encased
in Lucite sun fade? Anyone try this yet?
Ron N