[CAUT] How long to stabilize??

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Feb 19 13:23:15 PST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 9:27 AM, reggaepass at aol.com wrote:

> Fascinating observations about unison behavior.  Do you also find
> patterns in how a unison will smear over time withOUT significant
> changes in relative humidity? (I know, if environmental conditions
> are stable, YOUR unisons probably stay in tune for ever.<G>  I'm
> just wondering why mine eventually go out the way they do.)

	I find unison smear without humidity change is pretty random. I've
never noticed a pattern. Of course, there usually has been at least
some change of RH and/or temp, whether observed or not. Have _you_
noticed a pattern?
	And, yes, I have patented two ways to make unisons stay forever:
remove the strings, or put on some extra fancy hearing protection <G>.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu