[CAUT] How long to stabilize??

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 06:58:42 PST 2009

Hi Diane,

They have been penny wise and pound foolish. Swings in humidity need to be minimized. However, add a humidifier to one system--and track it vs the ones with no humidifier. Let that educate them. Also add a plastic back cover (6 mil poly) to one and track it.

My bet is the unit with back cover will be much better than the uncovered ones, and that the humidified one will be even better than that.

I hope the systems have the low set point for humidity. If not then pitch may climb a lot--possible as much as 12 cents at A4 (if high set point humidity controller has been used).

The answer to stability and how long it takes to happen should be "How much humidity control are you willing to pay for?"

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716