[CAUT] rolling pianos with oversize brass casters?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Feb 5 14:38:06 PST 2009

Gorillas...

JB

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of John Minor
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 3:13 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] rolling pianos with oversize brass casters?

Everyone is making a HUGE assumption that these people, these "piano movers", care enough to do the job right in the first place! We are talking about people who feel put upon because they have to be moving the pianos in the first place, even though it's their JOB! So, getting them to do anything other than push as hard and fast as they can is not going to happen! They can't seem to understand why they are called upon to remove the lids on occasion either! I'm surprised they haven't had the lids permanently fastened to the piano! : )

The "gap" in the floor is designed to be an acoustical separator between the wood stage/performance space, and the tile concrete floor that is backstage. So, it's there "by design".

John