[CAUT] Alternative bridge pin treatment

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Feb 5 00:49:49 PST 2009

Hi Shelley

Alan had the right name, and you can get it at most paint stores and a
lot of woodworking outfits. Make sure you have an appropriate
applicator... one that allows you to put a single drop on at a time.
High octave screamers can benefit from this to be sure, but of ofte
times very  under estimated importance is very accurate string mating,
back length frequencies in the upper regions of the scale, and very
accurate tuning.  I'd take care of those in that order as well.

Also have a scrap of cloth handy to dab up whatever lacquer creeps out
onto the bridge surface. Keep things looking nice and pretty.

Cheers
RicB

    Thanks a million Ric, I've been at my wits end over a performance D
    with at least 7 high treble wild strings, false beats.  Now, where
    would one get Cellulose (plant based) lacquer?  Woodworking stores?
    I have to ask.

    Shelley Byrd Anderson